Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It hit THE SPOT.


The Spot
110 Second Street, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Phone 310-376-2355 | Hours 10am-10pm Daily
www.worldfamousspot.com

We are a natural food restaurant. Most of our menu is available fat free and non-dairy. We always serve organic whole grains, and legumes. We use seasonal organic produce when available. We serve and cook with purified water. Our homemade bread, cornbread and desserts are sweetened with raw agave. Our fat free soups never contain any oils or dairy products!


Molina and I needed FOOD one gloomy morning in this beautiful place called Hermosa Beach. We decided to walk down the street to get some type of "brunch." She checked out Tammies menu (Since this is a vegan blog- we won't discuss what Molina got......hahah) and I decided to check out The Spot's menu...I ordered the:

TOFU SCRAMBLE:

Tofu and mixed vegetables scrambled together with savory sauce. Served with brown rice and fresh fruit! (Vegan)


Oh, and while I was sitting at the counter waiting for my food- I just couldn't resist buying myself a treat. I mean there was an entire tray sitting right in front of me...so I had to....I really wasn't sure what to expect. After about 20 solid minutes (they were very busy and backed up with to-go orders) of waiting for my to-go order, tofu heaven arrived. I walked home very very veerrrry quickly because I was so hungry. I dug right in and then with just a few bites left I realized....I forgot to take a picture to post!! Good news is it means that the food was delicious. The savory sauce was tasty and light... not greasy or heavy. I liked it because it did not over power the natural flavors of the vegetables, tofu and rice but rather complimented them. Thats nice to me because it's really a more delightful eating experience to taste the actual food rather than the concoctions and shiz that people drench their food in. Doesn't this sound like I know what I'm talking about. The portion size was generous but I liked it so much I could have kept eating. I also added some sriracha hot sauce because I mean, thats what asians do.

Lets just say I started and couldn't stop and will go back for more. Its very similar to an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Yumm yum yum.

The Spot is a very small, cute and cozy place. There is semi-outside seating in the back with sort of a secret garden type feel...if that makes any sense. The two employees that helped me out were so friendly. They have a great menu but it has more mexican dishes such as burritos, enchiladas..a lot of beans and rice. Maybe 2 dollars more expensive than The Veggie Grill but it is worth it. For those of you with gluten issues- this is a great place for you as well.

Taste: *****

Selection: ***

Cost: $$

Staff: *****

Service: ****

Dessert: *****

No comments: