Monday, October 24, 2011

What happened Saturday?!

Competition number one- ACCOMPLISHED! 

It was such an amazing weekend. Time for some details on how everything went. 

My lovely mother drove in Friday to help me out. Being carb and water depleted makes it tough to have much energy to do anything so she helped me out with final details at home. I had a posing session with Sher in the morning at 8am and felt good about my model turns. The rest of Friday consisted for relaxing and packing. I got a chance to go to the farmers market to buy FRUIT to eat after the show. I was more than excited about that. 4:30pm was my spray tan appt at the double tree hotel. 6:30pm was briefing for bikini and figure competitors. After that I just hung out in the hotel room with my mom and was asleep by 10:30pm. I actually wasn't feeling jittery or nervous about the show so it was good to rest well that night. 

Saturday schedule went a little something like this:

5am: Woke up to undo my curlers and fix up my hair
6:30am: Make up appt
8am: Out the door to the venue for tan touch up
9am: Final briefing...but actually just lots of waiting around 
11:30am: Hair and make up touch ups, bikini on....Prejudging has started at this point
1:30pm: I am on stage for prejudging
2:30pm: On our way back to hermosa to nap! 30 minute power nap!
4:30pm: Back to the venue for finals
6:30pm: Finals begin....tan, hair and make up touch ups while waiting for my category
7:30/8pm: On stage for finals!
9:30pm: Show ends, stay after to get feedback from a few judges! 
10pm: Dunzo. 
11pm: Party time. 

Prejudging was great. I am happy with how I did on stage. I went out confident and comfortable with my model turns and walk. It was exhilarating! Competitors are in different "classes" depending on your height which means I competed against others around the same height. There were 10 girls in my class. We all walked out, did our individual model turns. Then they put us in smaller groups to compare girls against one another and had us do a few poses...walk to the back of the stage and back up front. Every one was so beautiful and had incredible bodies! The winner of the class was Ingrid Romero, a very inspirational competitor who is well known in bikini and has taken pretty awesome titles. (I didn't make top 5 but am still waiting on my placing)

When I walked off the stage and saw my trainer after prejudging I got pretty emotional. All day, it was about prepping and in that moment it sank in and really hit me that I DID IT. I worked so hard and accomplished my goal- and I did it all without comparing myself to the other girls or feeling insecure because I was simply proud of my own personal journey and individual accomplishment. I was on top of the freaking world! And to see my friends afterwards just meant the world to me. 

Finals were easy breezy. The most stressful part is prejudging because thats when it counts and when you are being scored. In finals we just walked out and did our model turns individually and immediately after they announced top 5. 

First thing I did after I got off the stage for finals was eat my muffins, brownies and fruit- didn't even go for a sip of water (I hadn't had water since 6pm the night before).



Head judge's feedback:
She said that I had a great figure/shape because of my tiny waist line and nice butt. haha..She wanted me to work more on my hamstrings and just get leaner. She said that she really liked my stage presence and my walk- that I was poised and classy. She loved my hair, make up, skin tone and overall look. Need a more blinged out bikini though! 


I had an awesome sunday relaxing and EATING whatever I wanted and today I was back in the gym, back on my clean eating diet ready to work for excalibur december 3!

Enjoy the pics! more posts to come that will be more personal and reflective! 



29% body fat to almost 12% in 3 months. Lost almost 2% in the last week before competition- insane. 















No comments: