Sunday, October 16, 2011

Update and tickets to the competition!

Hello world,

A lot has happened in a short amount of time. A little over 2.5 months into training I got my body fat remeasured. It was bittersweet. I had made progress and I needed to celebrate that victory, at the same time, I was still so far away from my goal.  It was definitely a bit discouraging. The progress I made in 2.5 months should have been greater considering how hard I was working. Something was off and what I was doing clearly wasn't the most effective for my body in terms of fat loss and getting lean. Then, I got really sick and this threw me off for about 2 weeks. Even further behind, I decided I needed a new game plan, a new strategy. It was time to hire a trainer and nutritionist. 

I remembered: If I wanted to be the best, I needed to learn from the best.

Through some research I found Jason Kozma (High Performance Personal Training)! I met with him and in short, he paired me up with IFBB PRO figure and bikini competitor- Sherlyn Roy. Wow and wow. I started training with her September 28th 2011. With a new diet plan created specifically for me by Jason and more effective fat burning training with Sherlyn, the progress I have made in just a few weeks is incredible. August 5th 2011 was the first day of my journey. I started at 29% body fat. Today, October 15th 2011, I am at about 14%. 

Now, I am a week away from my first competition (October 22). Training this last week has been intense and it's been a whirlwind getting all of the details together. There is so much that goes into preparing for competition day. I've had to consider what bikini will look best and accentuate my body shape, shoes, tanning, make up, hair, registration, considering the minor changes in diet and training if necessary (at this point my carbs are ALMOST 100% cut), making sure the poses and walk for the stage is impeccable! On top of all of that, training/ cardio 2 hours a day, meal preps (that takes me about 1.5 hours a day!) I also work and have to make time for errands, chores, relationships and myself. Its been incredibly challenging but unbelievably rewarding. I have learned more than I could have ever imagined about myself while going through this process. The lessons I have gotten out of this I can forever apply to so many other aspects of my life. Not just health and fitness. 

I am completely over the moon excited to reach my goal of completing my first competition. It will be a great experience to get my feet wet and get a feel for the process and stage to better prepare myself for my second goal- the big show- EXCALIBUR- Dec. 3rd 2011 (in Culver City as well). 

It's the home stretch now. I'm focusing on staying mentally, emotionally and spiritually strong- with that, my body will follow! Also, to take in every moment and emotion, to remember how blessed I am to be able to pursue all of the things I love each and every day, the support system I have, and everyones continuous encouragement that has truly helped me out more than you probably realize.

I have so much more that I want to share with all of you. I will try to make more time this week! 






TICKETS TO THE COMPETITION: 

I would absolutely appreciate and love for people to come and support me at the competition and also experience this insanely inspiring world of bodybuilding.

Saturday October 22nd, 2011

10:30 am: Doors open to public for prejudging

11:oo am: Prejudging- Competitors will be doing their model turns/poses individually and will be called out in groups to be compared against one another. Competitors get more stage time as judges are actually..judging (for finals). Its a cool time to see everyone up against each other and see the judging process as competitors are switched back and forth. 

6:00 pm: Doors open to public for finals

6:30 pm: For unlimited bikini specifically (what I am competing in), it is awards only but competitors will still be able to do model turns. Less extensive as all comparisons will have already been done during prejudging. 

Ideally, I would love for people to attend BOTH! :) But if you had to choose one, I suppose its up to you and what you'd prefer to watch. Finals/night show is the one I think most people attend.. 

You can purchase tickets online and most likely at the show although I am not sure if they will sell out. The info is on the website. This link will take you directly to the tickets for my show:




This link is the information on the event location and classes:





(I am not sure how long prejudging/finals will take. There are about 150 competitors total for NPC/IFBB. I don't know how large each class/category is so I am unsure of how slowly or quickly they will get to my class! I realize there's a big gap between prejudging and finals but prejudging will NOT go until 6:30pm. No where near 6:30. I do know finals will be shorter than prejudging because they will have already done some comparisons in the morning)






No comments: