Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Breakdown.


TRAINING

Currently, I am training twice a day because I am a fucking beast. It sounds intense but its not that bad. As soon as I wake up, I do 30 minutes of cardio (before having breakfast) and end with core. My second workout of the day comes in whenever I can fit it in. It just depends on my work schedule. It consists of weight training (1-2 body parts a day: legs, bi's/tri's, shoulders, back, chest) and then another 30 minutes of cardio and end with core training. I switch up the cardio doing endurance and interval training every other cardio session or every other day just so I don't get bored. Won't get into the technicalities of it all like what is more effective etc...Gym time each DAY takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours (max)TOTAL. See, not bad. Also keep in mind I am lifting for 20 minutes tops (for now) since I am only training one muscle group per day and I'm not doing 100 different exercises. BUT when I am in the gym, I work my muscles until failure. Lets say I am doing shoulder presses -3 sets/15 reps. -first 15 reps is one set. I am shooting for 15 with each set but if I can do more, I will and I'll continue to push myself until I literally almost can not lift the weights- so the point is I push myself hard because I'm not lifting for very long so I make it count!!



MEALS

My diet is pretty freaking clean. Cleaner than what it use to be believe it or not. Yep, it's possible! haha. The hardest part has been to cut down on fruit because I use to eat massive amounts and now I need to watch my sugar intake. I have maybe 2 servings of fruit a day. Since I can't have protein powder (because it usually always has whey which is derived from dairy..obviously a no no for me), I have a lot of chicken for protein! Just less sauces and "extra" things..less eating out. If I do, I order plain chicken and veggies anyway. It kind of urks me because I am paying extra for something I can easily make at home and for a better price! But, I need to be social and "eat out" with friends and what not..so paying extra for chicken happens from time to time..anyyyywayyyy....


Daily diet looks something like this: (eaten every 2-3 hours)


Breakfast: Protein (4-6 oz. Plain grilled chicken breast ..loving my george foreman grill right now...or baked tilapia)

Veggie (Raw spinach salad with a touch of olive oil, balsamic vinegar if I feel like it...if I want to change it up- cauliflower, broccoli-just any type of veg)

Carb (Steamed sweet potato..usually 4-5 oz.)

....maybe a piece of fruit if I am craving something sweet.


Snack: Nuts (Walnuts/pistachios/or cashews)...or raw/steamed veggies. Sometimes with only a little bit of hummus. Sometimes I have a serving of fruit.


Lunch: Same as breakfast


Snack: Same as first snack. Or I will treat myself to a fruit. hahaha..treat...


Dinner: Guess what!? Same as breakfast and lunch but most of the time I do not have carbs, just more veggies.


Dessert: A small piece of dark chocolate. Saves me. I have to allow myself this.



Pre-work out (About an hour before): 2-3 oz. plain grilled chicken breast and some nuts..Or I will have my meal, either lunch or dinner (depending on when I get my 2nd workout in) and then wait about an hour before I head to the gym.


Post-work out (immediately after): 3-4 oz. plain grilled chicken breast. Sometimes I will take it with me to the gym so I can have it as soon as I'm done working out.


It changes a little here and there. Sometimes I have shrimp or white fish. If I want something quick, I just chop everything up and make a salad out of it using less than a tablespoon of olive oil, half tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of water for a light dressing. I might add avocado or tomatoes and onions. I haven't gotten too creative yet because this is just easy for now and I don't have much time to try anything fancy when I am doing 2 a days and working.


I don't drink Jameson anymore. I have my moments, but for the most part, I've been ok without it. I sound like a freaking alcoholic. I pretty much only drink water-drink tons of water throughout the day. My Nalgene bottle is always with me. I have tea sometimes...coffee every once in awhile, but I've really cut down on it. Just a personal choice. I'm sure its beneficial somehow? Maybe not.




SUPPLEMENTS

What I use to supplement my bodacious boday....hahahah

Pre-morning cardio: 1 scoop/5 grams of (Fitness Labs) Glutamine -{Glutamine is insane. Look up the benefits}: taken for recovery, 1 scoop/5 grams of (USPlabs) Jack3d: taken for energy

Post-morning cardio: 1 scoop/5 grams of (Fitness Labs) Glutamine


After breakfast: 1 softgel/1200 mg (Lindberg) Double Strength Fish Oil: helps with recovery and its just straight up good fer yer body.


Pre-2nd session: 1 scoop/5 grams of (Fitness Labs) Glutamine, 1 scoop/5 grams of (USPlabs) Jack3d


Post-2nd session: 1 scoop/5 grams of (Fitness Labs) Glutamine


After dinner: 1 softgel/1200 mg (Lindberg) Double Strength Fish Oil


Pretty simple. I should probably take a multivitamin and some calcium or something.




UPDATE-WRAP UP

I am still constantly doing research on meals/diet plans by looking at other successful bodybuilders diets (mainly in bikini of course but I like to look at others just to compare and contrast). Mine coincides with most quite well. Obviously, every body is different and they're at a different place in terms of physique and training so diet will vary a little...but it has helped me tweek things here and there and I take note of what has worked for people. The same goes for training and the exercises I am doing.


I often wonder if what I am doing is enough? Don't get me wrong, I work my ass off but I've never done this before so I don't know what its suppose to feel like, if I should be doing more? Not sure if that makes sense. Soooo I started reading articles and watching videos of bikini/figure pros and their training programs..they all say consistency in training and diet is KEY. One highly successful (pro) competitor says she doesn't kill herself at the gym. She does basic weight training and eats extremely well so that she doesn't have to kill herself in the gym (what a concept). I couldn't believe it when she said that. She does cardio and weights like I do annnnnd she has a SICK body. She too said, CONSISTENCY is key.


Well, I've been consistent and I've been feeling good!!!!! I have moments where I look in the mirror and then I look at the bikini competitors body and I'm like, seriously?.....seriously?...I'm gonna get there? I'm gonna look like that...it seems unreal and in a way unattainable because my body has never looked like any of these girls who compete..its mentally kind of crazy-but obviously I know I can get there AND do well or else I wouldn't be where I am right now-- pursuing this!



P.S

www.bodybuilding.com and www.muscleandfitnesshers.com have been my life saver!..mainly bodybuilding.com- Check em out.




Keep your eyes open for how I stayed on track in San Francisco at Outside Lands!!



LOVE

N A T



No comments: