Friday, September 9, 2011

YEAHHH


It's a no brainer that life has been a lot more hectic the past month since I've started training for my competition. What takes up my time and how I manage my time has changed. I've always been a busy person, but I use to be a lot more flexible and I also use to be able to socialize more freely, eat and drink more freely. Definitely not the case anymore. More than ever, everything I do each day is pretty much planned out in advance and is filled with things I need to do. Very little is frivolous (No, "me" time and time for relationships is not frivolous-but many other things are). You know what I've learned? Having an enjoyable life and living it to the fullest doesn't necessarily mean being a free bird that roams aimlessly in search of adventure and maybe finding adventure. Maybe life isn't as spontaneous as it use to be, but heres the thing: I am really happy. I have reaped the rewards and benefits of choosing to do what I want to do, to stay focused, to stay determined, to stay productive. I am moving forward in the direction I want my life to go in. This is my adventure and I am enjoying every second because this bird knows where it's going. To the top. For those who have supported me and continue to- I'll see ya there. For those who haven't. Suck it. 

No comments: