Friday, December 3, 2010

Vegan never tasted so good.






MIGHTY-O DONUTS
2110 North 55th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
Phone: (206) 547-0335
Hours: Mon-Fri 6AM-5PM/ Sat & Sun 7AM-5PM
www.mightyo.com








Seattle is home. It will always be. I took a trip back for Thanksgiving and oh, how refreshing it was! A step off of the plane and nostalgia hits along with the cool breeze and crisp air. Fall has definitely arrived in this charming city. The weather can be erie with heavy clouds or a dewy day with the most calming clear sky. There is a spirit in Seattle that is indescribable and irreplaceable. Lush in greenery, it is also filled with wine bars, quaint cafes, art and music. The abundance of diversity is beautiful.


Being home for the first time since I began my vegan adventure, I of course needed to scope out the vegan scene in Seattle. I was sent a website listing a variety of vegan restaurants. One of the first things to strike my taste buds was a vegan DONUT shop called: MIGHTY-O DONUTS. A gem hidden right next to Greenlake. I convinced my brother Kosal, his girlfriend Shaimaa and my cousin X-tina to go on a field trip with me.


If you know me well, you know how excited I can get about things. Especially food. Also, you have to understand my love for many things, one being donuts to understand why this was such a big deal! Mighty- O is the FIRST vegan donut shops I have been able to find. Upon arrival, I was bursting at the seams with joy. I snapped a few photos and literally skipped across the street to my destination: MIGHTY-O!





We opted for a box of one dozen and once we sat down to have a tasting, it was quite difficult to choose which 4 we would all share! Let the salivating begin!.....In the end, the winners were pumpkin, mint chocolate, lemon poppy seed and raspberry chocolate. YUM. We cut the chosen donut cakes into fours so we could sample each flavor. Naturally, I just wanted to stuff the entire box in my mouth.



I will try to explain the unbelievable experience my mouth had..haha, but these words will not do it justice. Each one almost cake like. Fresh and soft with just the right amount of sweetness and flavor. Nothing was too overwhelming or overpowering. I can't even pick a favorite! You can ask any one of my non-vegan family members who tried them- they DID NOT taste vegan whatsoever. These donuts were probably better than the "real thing." The rest of the flavors included: Peanut butter chocolate, maple bar, chocolate bar, coconut chocolate, sprinkles, and double chocolate....I was not displeased with any.


I wish the shop was closer to where I live because I would go every single morning! Again, another quaint and cozy shop, friendly staff, clean space, great location, great selection. The selection not only includes donuts but also drinks such as vegan eggnog latte!? Didn't get a chance to have one, but I will when I go back to Seattle for Christmas!

I highly recommend this place if ever you are in the Seattle area. It is worth the drive and the money (1 dozen: $15.75) and your tummy will be very happy :)



Taste: *****

Selection: *****

Cost: $$

Staff: *****

Service: *****

Dessert: *****




No comments: