Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cookie Monster.

My sweet tooth has gotten me into trouble, once again. On a trip to Whole Foods Market during my stay in Washington, my brother and I went a tad overboard on our cookie purchases. He has allergies as well so its fun to experiment with food together.

There are so many options for people living with food allergies now, its wonderful. When I am in the grocery store, I'm 5 years old all over again discovering a new world of treats I once thought I'd never be able to taste again. Not without an allergic reaction at least. Well, here are the solutions!

In this photo (from left to right), we have:




Uncle Eddies: Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
http://www.uncleeddiesvegancookies.com/
(I have found these at Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes and some regular food stores)
Uncle Eddies is a favorite of mine. This brand has delicious cookies. I have tried chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter chocolate chip. They are all great and taste just like regular cookies. The trail mix is an interesting one. Baked with peanuts, sunflower seeds, cranberries and other things you would find in trail mix, its a nice combination of sweet and salty.

Enjoy Life: Soft Baked Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/
(I have found these at Whole Foods Market and some regular food stores)
I have to say that these were a bit of a disappointment. They are eatable, but it's a taste and texture you would have to get used to or learn to appreciate, if you will. The chocolate chips are grainy and it tastes more "vegan" than other cookies I have tried.

(Bagged) Enjoy Life: Soft Baked Chewy Snicker-doodles
http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/
(I have found these at Whole Foods Market and some regular food stores)
Snicker-doodles with a twist. Not as buttery and sugary as your usual snicker-d00dle but hey, anything is tasty with some cinnamon and sugar thrown on it.

Barbara's: Snackimals Chocolate Chip
http://www.barbarasbakery.com/
(I have found these at Whole Foods Market but cereals can be found at Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes and regular food stores)
These are incredibly addicting. Light, crisp and yummy! Better than the animal crackers you grew up with. This brand also has great healthy cereals that are:

  • 100% Natural
  • Dairy Free
  • Low Fat
  • Wheat Free Ingredients
  • Gluten Free (Honey Rice & Multigrain)
  • Cholesterol Free
  • Vegetarian


  • I must note that Uncle Eddies are vegan and it also states this on the package. The other brands are only dairy free and egg free according to the ingredients and are not certified vegan.



    No comments: